Racing Strong has been endurance racing Toyota MR2s since 2009. With almost 40 endurance races completed in ChumpCar and 24 Hours of Lemans, RSm drives to race clean and strong!
Racing Strong Motorsports is sponsored by the following:
- Zipline Welding Booms – maker of the Fusion Pit Light System http://ziplineweldingbooms.com/
- Lincoln Electric – Welding supplies and Welders http://www.lincolnelectric.com/
- McKibbins Pub – Montreal – Food, drink and fun! http://www.mckibbinsirishpub.com/
- Rockauto – The online autopart connection – http://www.rockauto.com
- Porterfield – Performance racing brake pads by Raybestos – http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/
- MR2Guru – Suppliers of new and used Toyota MR2 parts and accessories. Full service shop! Ashville NC. http://www.mr2guru.com/
- Beyond Driven Auto – Performance Lighting – https://beyonddriven
- Moroso Performance Parts – http://www.moroso.com/
- Autometer performance gauges – http://www.autometer.com
- Frankenstien Motorworks – Toyota 2GR Custom Performance parts and accessories – http://frankensteinmotorworks.com/
- Woodsport UK – Toyota MR2 Performance accessories and full service shop located in northern England.
- Truleo.com – Lotus, MR2 and Fiero performance parts – http://www.truleo.com
- MotorSportMedia – The latest in racing news and images – http://www.racemsm.com/
- BPi Flow Stacks – The best in dyno proven air intakes. http://www.bpi-us.com/index.php
- Racing Strong Motorsports – Toyota Performance since 1984 – http://www.racingstrong.com
YouTube Channel for the latest in racing videos
Like Us On Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong
Drivers for 2015 are:
- Bill Strong, Virginia, Owner, Driver and Mechanic
- Mike Helm, Ohio, Driver, Mechanic
- Gene Bird, Pennsylvania, Driver
- Brandon Bird, Pennsylvania, Driver
- Troy Truglio, Virginia, Driver, Mechanic
- Tommy Guttmann, Canada, Driver
- Rick Fon, Canada, Driver
- Rob Brunner, Canada, Driver
- Ian Strong, Virginia, Crew Chief, and THE mechanic
- Kevan , Florida, Fuel and Fire
- Robert Canody, Virginia, Fuel and Fire
- Justin Benjamin NY, Fuel and Fire, Mechanic
- Tony Cespedes, Georgia, Fuel, Fire and Mechanic
2015 ChumpCar Schedule:
- February – Road Atlanta 14-hour
Started 86th, two laps down.
- March – VIR South 12-hour
Started 22nd. 1st place for a while. Then both front hubs broke within 3 hours of each other. Right rear ball joint failed and suspected rear axle failure.
Packed it up and finished 44th.
- May – Watkins Glen
- July – Charlotte Sprints
- September – Sebring
- October – Pittsburgh
- December – Laguna Seca
- Toyota MR2 GTv6 #79 ChumpCar Class C / WRL GP-1
- Toyota MR2/GR #179 ChumpCar Class EC / WRL GP-X
Contact – Bill Strong, Racing Strong Motorsports, Nelson County, Virginia, 434-996-6721 firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to profile your company with a fast, clean running and well known team? Contact RSm for sponsorship and marketing opportunities. One race or One season!
Want to drive for RSm? Our seats are usually sold out for the year as we plan our races around available drivers. But sometimes we need that one fast guy to finish off the team for a certain event. We do require all drivers to own and wear a head and neck device, and we require at least MR2 or Porsche 911 wheel to wheel racing experience due to the handling complexity of racing the RSm MR2. Hint… the car wants to kill you whenever you think you have a handle on it and relax. Mid-engine racers will know what we are talking about. If you meet the above criteria, email your racing resume to email@example.com.
Zipline Welding Booms Fusion Pit Lighting System at work in the RSM Zipline McKibbins MR2GTv6 and McKibbins Biohazard MR2 pit stall at Road Atlanta 14-Hour race Feb 2015.
For more information about the Zipline Fusion Pit Lighting System contact:
Bird Manufacturing and Design, LLC
51 Station St. · Johnstown, PA 15905
Phone: (814)288-6464 · Fax: (814)288-4455